Monday, July 21, 2008

27 months is nothing

This thursday, July 24th, at the crack of noon, I'll be departing the sunny shores of Seattle for the hot "oh-my-gosh-al-gore-was-right" weather of Arlington, Virginia for the staging portion of my Peace Corps experience.  Am I ready? No.  Have I started packing? I have all the DVD's I want to take lined up, and thats about it.  Do I know Bulgaria? I know how to say "Do you speak English?"  Am I excited? Beyond belief.  This is like the first day of school, a midnight movie for an actually good movie (so not Spiderman 3) and a first date all rolled into one.  I'm nervous, but excited, scared yet intrigued.  A wealth of emotions are coursing through my mind right now, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I doubt I'll be updating this blog as often as I plan to, but I'll make an effort.

No comments: