Sunday, May 24, 2009

Toe-bee-us: A Look Back

Well folks, the clock continues to tick and the days fly by. If you were about to say "Hey, haven't you been in Bulgaria exactly 10 months" you would be correct. Sure doesn't seem like I've spent the better part of a year abroad, in the land of,...well,...I'm not sure,..."goat's milk"? Either way, I thought it would be interesting to see my evolution over the course of these last 10 months, because hitting double digits is way more important than the year mark (take that every news story ever)


Oh Panichishte...I was like a young fawn...skating on ice,...with ball-bearings,...and axle grease,...and the fawn isn't particularly coordinated to begin with.



So full of hope, optimism, and low alcohol tolerance



Social integration at its finest (My host dad is a hustler; says he has never heard of American drinking games...lies!)



"Let me tell you about my best friend..."



Found my biological son...still won't talk to me


Site Placement Day: agony, ecstasy, fear, kindergarten flashbacks



Wearing a tie instantly makes you important,...or a Peace Corps Volunteer



I started to move up in society, which translated to sitting in the mayor's desk when he was away


Then the winter hit,...



Was mistaken for Kurt Cobain on New Year's


Joined a Christian Rock Band




And that about sums it up: I like dogs, people and cold weather makes me grow a handle bar mustache.

Hope all is well across the pond. And to those you have just arrived in the land of Banitsa, Rikia, and Dimitar Berbatov....the good times have only just begun.


























No comments: